Monday, March 27, 2006

Blogging, Balls, and Harry Dean Stanton

After my blog was read outloud to me this past weekend, I became very conscious about what I was writing in it. I'm not saying my blog is art, but I could imagine this is what artistic pressure feels like. Having said that, I'm going to continue to write what I feel like saying.

My friend Betsy sent me a forward that explains your personality and attributes based on your astrological sign. I'm a Scorpio. Apparently this means I have a big penis and I know how to pleasure every type of woman. When I read this it reminded me of a time in one of my marketing classes when a guy in my group commented on me going to the teacher and asking for an extension. He said "you have balls." Is it kosher to say this? It made me feel funny.

I'm starting to really like the new HBO show, Big Love. It's about a modern polygamist family. Those scenes in suburban Salt Lake City I can handle and enjoy, but when they show scenes on the rural compound with some heavy polygamy action, it's a bit much. The prophet of the polygamist community, Roman, has a ridiculous number of wives and his youngest is only 15. He reminded me of Roman Polanski (as they share the same name) and how he raped a 13 year old back in the seventies. Some people aren't aware that he did this at Jack Nicholson's house while Jack wasn't at home. If I were Jack, I'd be a little peeved. Anyway, this creepy character on the show is Harry Dean Stanton. He often plays greasy guys in supporting roles. I discovered he played Molly Ringwald's father in Pretty in Pink. This excited me to no end because he was finally a character I liked. However, the man was born in 1926. That means he was like 60 when he was Molly's dad. While this seems a little off, I had to remember my dad was almost 60 when I was at teenager. It was all good times.

No comments: