Thursday, November 02, 2006

Film Trivia and My Week Thus Far

Last night I watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation both with and without the DVD commentary. That's 206 minutes of movie viewing the same material twice. This is what I learned:

1. Even on his downward spiral, Chevy Chase was still a comic genius.

2. LA really can look like Chicago during winter time and dupe me enough to think that's real snow.

3. The nippily girl's stage name is Scorcese - what the hell was she thinking?

4. Apparently everyone asks the kid who plays Rusty if he made out with his sister off camera. Eww.

5. Aunt Bethany was the original Betty Boop AND Olive Oil.

6. Beverly D'Angelo is obsessed with her hair in this movie - I don't think she had the same hairdo twice.

7. This was the highest grossing of all the Vacation movies - rightly so. This movie kicked ass and deserves a twice viewing in one night.

Halloween turned out to have some great weather. My co-workers and I took advantage of this and dressed up like burritos to claim our free lunch at Chipotle that day. Free lunch always tastes better.

I can't wait to see Borat! 84 minutes long, but I think it's going to be 84 minutes of pure entertainment.

No comments: